Are you on the hunt for massage therapy in Pembroke Pines, Florida? By partnering with Blue Waters Holistic Center, Healers of Motion Physical Therapy is thrilled to offer massage therapy services alongside our physical therapy treatments. Both are in the same facility for your convenience.
Massage therapy is a hands-on technique that manipulates the soft tissues of the body, promoting overall health and well-being. Whether you’re after an escape from your day-to-day or you’ve recently experienced an injury, we can help.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy comes with various benefits. And in a way, it perfectly complements physical therapy treatment. The benefits include:
- Decreased pain.
- Reduced muscular tension.
- Decreased stress or anxiety.
- Enhanced healing and recovery.
- Increased circulation and blood flow.
- Improved mobility and flexibility.
- Improved sleep.
- And more!
Whereas physical therapy uses components of massage therapy, in most cases it doesn’t involve a full hands-on massage session. This means you won’t receive the potential massage benefits in their entirety, which is why booking a separate massage session can be very beneficial.
Types of Massage
Massage is used to treat headaches, sports injuries, stress, anxiety, and much more. Yet, there are many different types that help do this. Some of the most common ones include:
1. Swedish – This is the type most people imagine when they think of getting a massage. It uses long and gentle strokes often with the goal of relaxing the whole body.
2. Deep Tissue – Deep tissue digs into the deeper muscle and connective tissues. This type is particularly beneficial to those that have chronic pain.
3. Pregnancy Massage – While pregnancy is an exciting time, it also comes with various discomforts. Massage specific for pregnant women can help reduce the pains that come with your changing body.
4. Sports Massage – This type focuses on improving athletic performance or helping an athlete recover safely from an injury.
Part of Your Holistic Treatment Plan
Research suggests that it’s biggest advantage lies in its effectiveness in reducing cortisol, or stress, levels. In most studies, the therapy group received more positive effects than the non-therapy group or control group – often for this reason. However, it has also been shown to have significant advantages when it comes to injury prevention and injury recovery. It can also contribute to improved overall well-being and health.
At Healers of Motion Physical Therapy, we are proud to work with Blue Waters Holistic Center, integrating licensed massage therapists as part of our team. It can be employed in addition to physical therapy in order to optimize your treatment and expedite recovery. Call us and book your appointment today!