After surgery, you’re likely eager to return to your regular activities and routines. Yet, post-surgical recovery is just as important as the surgery itself. Post-surgery rehab is crucial in making a full recovery, allowing you to get back to your normal as soon and as safely as possible.
At Healers of Motion Physical Therapy, our team provides surgical recovery to residents in Pembroke Pines, and surrounding areas. We work with you and your body to facilitate and accelerate healing. While your initial rehab process may begin in the hospital immediately after your procedure, we can take over and help guide your recovery once you’ve been discharged.
What is Surgical Recovery?
Surgical recovery involves physical therapy strategies that help your body heal and recover following a surgical procedure. It may include strengthening exercises, stretching exercises, manual hands-on therapy techniques, massage techniques, and more. Our experts can help you re-train your muscles and gain strength, as well as reduce associated post-surgery pain.
In fact, several studies have indicated the efficacy of rehab strategies post-surgery. One study even reported improved shoulder function and reduced pain for those who participated in physical therapy surgical recovery after breast cancer surgery. The same has proven to be true for certain cardiovascular surgeries, joint replacement surgeries, and more.
How Physical Therapy Can Help You
Physical therapy is frequently used after the following procedures:
- Joint Replacements – Early physical therapy is frequently recommended for hip, knee, and shoulder joint replacement surgeries. This can accelerate healing and help you regain regular function and mobility faster.
- Meniscus and ACL Repairs – Similar to joint replacement surgeries, early physical therapy intervention can help make the recovery process that much smoother, promoting proper function and movement.
- Spinal or Back Surgery – Physical therapy is critical after spinal or back surgery to help improve healing and help you return to your regular activities.
However, physical therapy may also be recommended after rotator cuff repairs, breast cancer surgery, and more. Your doctor or surgeon will make appropriate recommendations and referrals accordingly.
The Benefits After Surgery
Surgical recovery has various benefits, including:
- Improved Mobility.
- Increased Blood Circulation.
- Enhanced Healing.
- Reduced Pain.
- Improved Muscular Function.
- Improved Balance.
- Increased Strength and Flexibility.
At Healers of Motion Physical Therapy, we are proud to help the residents in Pembroke Pines, Weston, Miramar, Southwest Ranches, Davie and surrounding areas through their surgical recovery process.
We know post-surgery rehab isn’t always easy. But it can be made easier with the right team by your side every step of the way. Experience improved healing with our expert and caring team. Contact us to book your appointment, and begin your healing process, starting today.